Singapore seems to be the perfect holiday destination for a middle class Indian family for lot many reasons.
• Budget- Well, Singapore is certainly not the cheapest South east Asian country for a tourist, but you could cover almost all of the country well within INR 50k per person including flight tickets if you research and plan.
• Transportation- Travelling in a country which doesn’t speak your language is not a cakewalk. Hence, a good internal transportation system (MRT, here) is necessary if you don’t wish to opt for a guided tour package.
• Attractions – You could easily spend 6-7 days in Singapore alone given its n number of attractions for people of all ages.
• Area- Singapore is not a vast country like India and you could get to most of the tourist spots in less than 30 mins in MRT if you choose the ideal place of stay.
• Easiness- We, Indians would always prefer to choose less chaotic, less complicated and less crowded places for an easy and hassle free vacation. Singapore is the solution for that.
Where to stay in Singapore
From luxury to budget – Singapore has plethora of options for accommodation. You could stay at the Marina Bay Sands, right next to Gardens by the bay and enjoy fabulous view of Marina bay and the Singapore river. On the contrary, you could stay at Little India or Chinatown in budget to mid-range hotels and travel to all of Singapore’s major attractions via MRT in less than 30 mins.