After dinner at local restaurant near bus stand, we took overnight AC sleeper bus back to Bangalore (fare: 3,042/ f0r three) to end this experience.
(Key places within Ooty are placed at this Google Maps route)
All figures in INR. 100/- means 100 Indian Rs.
For family of three, we spent overall 24,800/- for 2-nights 3-days trip to Ooty. This turns out to be approximately 11,000/- per adult on twin-sharing basis. We later found that there is taxi stand near main bus stand where taxis can be hired from. I will recommend doing that as we we hired on phone and didn't have enough opportunity to bargain down. Also, there are tourist buses which charge 100-150/- per person for day-long trip which can turn out to be even cheaper. These can also be booked on the road near taxi stand. One can also rent two-wheeler to explore at will, but do note that terrain is hilly throughout with narrow single lane roads.
One big attraction which we missed, and could have been better suited instead of Avalanche Lake, is Ooty-Coonoor round trip (2-3 hours) train ride. Toy train by Nilgiri Mountain Railway on this route is famous for its breathtaking views. I've read in preparation of this trip that tickets may be limited so you may have to purchase in advance or get in queue early in the day.
Other spots you can cover are:
* Thunder World theme park, near Ooty Lake, dinosaur park + mirror room + 3D movie + 7 wonders + kids rides + horror house for 450/- adult, 370/- child, add snow world + camera museum for 550/- and 450/- respectively, about 3-4 hr event
* Botanical Garden, nature walk, 7 am - 6 pm
* Fern Hill Garden, front of Hotel Mayura Sudarshan, park, walk, play
* Cairn Hill, jungle walk, 8 km from Ooty
* Doddabetta peak, highest point, can take bus from Ooty bus stand for 10/- and walk 3 km from bus drop off
* Doddabetta Tea Park, lush tea area, children play area, 2 km walk from bus drop off
* Mudumalali National Park, 45 km, safari
* Belllikal/Bison Valley, 25 km from Ooty
* Sims Park, Coonoor, nature walk
* Dolphin's Nose view point, 10 km from Coonoor Central
* Wax world, small wax museum
* Annamalai Temple, 20 km from Ooty
Frequent Searches Leading To This Page:-
ooty tour package from kolkata, ooty tour package from kochi, ooty tour packages from kannur, ooty tour package from lucknow, ooty tour packages from mangalore