Travel Articles And Blogs For Chennai
Best Time to Visit Chennai
Peak Season: Winters (November to February) are the best time to visit Chennai. The temperature during these months fluctuate between 20 to 25 degrees celsius, making the city perfect for sightseeing. Also, tourists can engage in the festive revelry during January when Pongal is celebrated across the city with much enthusiasm.
Shoulder Season: July to September usher in the monsoons to Chennai. And while the rainfall brings relief from the sweltering heat of the summers, there is frequent and heavy downpour in the city. But if you can brave the rains, Chennai is equally beautiful, if not more during this season.
Off-season: March to June is when the city is at his hottest. With temperature reaching as high as 40 degrees celsius, the hotel tariffs and flight rates drop during this season.
Budget for Chennai
For Budget Travellers: INR 600 - 1000 a day
- Accommodation in hostels and basic rooms in guesthouses: INR 200-500
- Food in local tiffin-houses and street eateries: INR 50-200
- Public Transport in buses: INR 10 - 100
- Sightseeing (Entry-tickets & shows): INR 10 - 100
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 1000 to INR 3000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels and homestays: INR 600 - 1500
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 250 - 600
- Local transport in auto-rickshaws, and local taxis: INR 150 - 400
- Sightseeing & Tours: INR 10 - 1000
For Luxury Travellers: INR 6000 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 3000 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 900 and upwards
- Local transport in cabs: INR 400 and upwards
- Sightseeing, Guided Tours: INR 1000 and upwards