Travel Articles And Blogs For Pondicherry
Best Time to Visit Pondicherry
Peak Season is during the winters, from October to February. Pondicherry is very pleasant during this time of the year, the temperatures going as low at 17 degrees celsius.
Shoulder Season: Monsoons (March to June) are a lovely time to be in Pondicherry. These are the months that the region is at its vibrant best. Especially in August, when the entire city comes out to celebrate Sri Aurobindo’s birth anniversary.
Off-season: July to September are the months when temperatures go as high as 41°C. As the crowds are less, the hotel prices hit an all time low and Pondicherry can be experienced devoid of all the touristy cliches.
Budget for Pondicherry
For Budget Travellers: INR 600 - 1300 a day
- Accommodation in hostels and basic fan rooms in guesthouses: INR 400-750
- Food in coffee shops and local cafes: INR 200-350
- Public Transport in buses (one-way ticket): INR 5 - 10
- Sightseeing: INR 10 - 100
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 1500 to INR 3000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels and homestays with air-conditioning and TV sets: INR 800 - 1200
- Food in cafes and restaurants: INR 360 - 750
- Local transport in local taxis: INR 100 - 400
- Sightseeing & Guided Tours: INR 10 - 1000
For Luxury Travellers: INR 8000 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 4000 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 1000 and upwards
- Local transport in cabs: INR 500 and upwards
- Adventure activities and Guided Tours: INR 500 and upwards