This is my star travel recipe ;) . This super quick , yummy , colourful and tasty dish got me many curious glaces and requests for tasting , by my hostel mates and lot of compliments on how yummy it tasted and looked.
How I prepared it while travelling
Ingredients bought at supermarkets/nearby grocery stores
1. Ready to use ,Boiled Chickpea ( comes in a bottle)
2.Diced raw tomatoes, onions,capsicum
4. lemon juice to be sqeezed on top
1. Bread ( you can toast it if facility available)
2. Tomato Ketchup/Sandwich Spread/Butter
1.Pour out the contents of the bottle in a dish, drain out the salted water and wash the boiled chick peas thoroughly.
2.Add diced tomatoes,onions,capsicum , add salt and squeeze lime on top.
1. Spread the ketchup/spread/butter on the bread (plain or toasted as possible).
2. Spread the salad on top.
Super yummy and colorful ,and will make you feel like you have made a nice fancy meal for yourself.
Boiled chick peas can be added to Coucous as well.
Hope it helps a backpacker or a traveller out there... please share with me if it worked for you :)