Note : Gurudongmar Lake, Kala Pathar, Yumthang Valley and Zero Point becomes inaccessible by the start of December depending on the weather conditions. Roads get blocked due to snowfall and entry to these might be restricted during Dec-Feb. Hence, it is advisable to seek locals (staying in Lachen/Lachung) advice before you visit there. Please, don't blindly believe your tour operators specially the ones in Gangtok or in other part of Sikkim because weather in North Sikkim varies adversely from any other part. Best Season to visit North Sikkim would be October-November and April-June.
Important things to know for all kind of Tourists (Travellers):
1. Taking shared tour (10 people in one vehicle) to North Sikkim would cost you Rs.3600 per head including food and stay. If you bargain the cost, they even come down to Rs.2800 per head.
2. Booking a private tour would cost you 18k per vehicle without food and stay.
3. I would suggest you to try booking a private tour in least possible amount to experience every moment more closely because each moment is going to count here in this trip!
4. Family or a group travelling to North Sikkim can pre-book their tour from Gangtok itself (If you are staying in Gangtok for a night or so, you can take help from your hotel management).
5. For solo travellers or backpackers - you can take a shared tour for North Sikkim or you can take a bus or hitch-hike till Mangan and further ahead to Chungthang or Lachen (Lachung). Locals in Lachen or Lachung can help you with rest part of the tour at minimum price.
6. Commuting within Sikkim - is quite tough as there are no proper local transport facility. Only way to travel across Sikkim is, by taxi which are a bit costly and requires proper knowledge about the place.
7. North Sikkim , not recommended for people with Respiratory problems like Asthama or any kind of Heart disease. Senior Citizen can refrain from visiting Gurudongmar Lake, Kala Pathar , Zero Point.
8. Kids below 7 years of age are not permitted for visiting Gurudongmar Lake.
9. Eat less and healthy on this part of the trip. Drink a plenty of water.
10. Last and most important thing - Please don't litter plastic anywhere you travel. Let's join our hands to pass this beauty of nature as a gift to upcoming generations.
Stay for both nights including food costed me Rs.500/night. (1 night in Lachen and 1 night in Lachung) Secret to this price, I shall reveal you in the end of complete itinerary!
Keep following my feed for more parts of this tour :)
Also you can buzz me anytime if you want any help regarding your Sikkim tour.