Next day we went back to Vienna by train at 8:00 AM. Tickets were booked 2 months earlier on OBB app.
1. I highly recommend staying in Budapest for atleast 2 entire days to leisurely explore everything. It has a lot to offer.
2. On the day of your arrival, go for free walking tours which are highly informative and give you quick overview of important places and Budapest in general. Just Google for more information on these tours.
3. Budapest looks extremely stunning at night so I highly recommend either a) strolling at Chain bridge, Buda Castle hill and near Parliament or b) may be going for Boat cruise on River Danube at night
4. You can use Google maps for navigating by public transportation within Budapest.
5. Having only a day in hand to explore Budapest, we couldn’t see following places which I would love to cover in future if I ever visit here again:
a. Buda Palace Labyrinth: I read about this place is some blog. Though couldn’t find any reviews on TripAdvisor. It is apparently located underneath Buda Castle district. It has complex of caves and cellars. They have a website as well. It seems quite adventurous.
b. Hungarian Parliament from inside
c. St. Stephen’s Basilica
d. House of Terror Museum
e. Jewish quarters especially Dohány Street Synagogue and Wallenberg Memorial Park having Tree of Life and Heroes’ Temple
f. Széchenyi Baths from inside