Here is a list of clothes that you should keep for your Central Asia trip:
1. Tees (4-5) - For casually wearing when you are travelling.
2. Shorts (1-2) - If it is hot, then you might want to wear shorts and it is usually good while trekking as well during the day time.
3. Leggings/Jeans (2-3) - If it is slightly cold, then you can wear your leggings or jeans to protect your legs.
4. Track pants (2-3 pairs) - If it is cold when you travel in Central Asia, then track pants for trekking will be perfect.
5. Jacket - Now, this depends on when you are travelling to Central Asia. If you are travelling during colder months, then carry 2-3 jackets. Otherwise you can carry just a single, good-quality jacket.
6. Dress (2-3) - If you are a party person or generally like to dress up, then you can pack a couple of good clothes as well. There are many good party places in Central Asia, so you will have several occasions to dress up.
7. Cotton socks (4-5 pairs) - For trekking, you need to carry a couple of pairs of socks as they can get dirty very quickly in Central Asia.
8. Woolen socks (2-3 pairs) - And don't forget to keep warm socks for night time as well. It gets quite cold at night in Central Asia so woollen socks are a must.
9. Warm inner (3-4 pairs) - As I said, it can get really cold at night, especially in the mountains. So, do carry a few pairs of warm inner with you.
10. Undergarments (5-6 pairs) - You might not get time to do laundry every alternative day. So, do carry undergarments which will last you for at least a week.
11. Sweater/Warm Tees (2-3) - Also, keep a couple of full-sleeves warm tees and sweaters. Sometimes, it can be cloudy and cold in Central Asia so full-sleeves tees will work best on those days.
12. Scarf - You would need to cover your head in religious places so carry a scarf with you.
13. Raincoat - It can rain or snow unexpectedly here so do carry a raincoat or wind cheater with you.
Electronics and Gadgets
Apart from the clothes, you'll also need to carefully pack your electronics and gadgets. Here is a list of essentials that you should pack for your long trip:
1. Phone charger - Of course, unless you want to be stranded without a phone, do take your charger.
2. Power bank - Also, do carry a power bank for your treks. You would need a fully charged phone once you are back in civilisation and in the mountains to navigate using GPS.
3. Torch - A torch can be really useful at night and can also keep the animals away.
4. Universal adaptor - Carry one with multiple sockets so that you can charge multiple devices at the same time.
5. Camera - Central Asia is full of gorgeous locations. So, make sure that you carry your camera with you to capture these moments.
6. Extra camera batteries and charger - This one is a no-brainer, especially if you are into photography.
7. Memory card - You will easily need multiple memory cards because there are just too many beautiful places here.
8. Laptop (if you are planning to work)
As for what footwear to carry, it is pretty simple. You can't over pack so take minimum footwear and wear the one which is heaviest of them all.