After having dinner we journeyed back to our campus in Sancoale, after a tiring yet fulfilling roadtrip. Oh, did I mention we traveled over 200 km on a two-wheeler in a single day? :P
Tips to remember if you're planning for such a trip:
1. Try going on a cloudy day, just after rains. Being in Goa, finding such days are not difficult. The rains will enhance your experience. The air is cooler and the vegetation looks greener. A bright sunny day will only wear you down on such a long trip.
2. Although the weather is pretty warm in Goa, keep a sweatshirt handy, since the hilly areas are windy and temperature drops considerably. It's all the more recommended if you're going on a two wheeler.
3. There are no petrol pumps or restaurants for a long stretch at the end. So plan your trip accordingly. Even the network is erratic.
4. If you're coming from the south, you may take the Durbhat ferry to reach Ponda. Ferry might be a new experience for some travelers. This will reduce the distance by about 8 km, but since only two ferries operate at intervals of 15-20 minutes each, and takes about 15 minutes to cross the Zuari river, you might have to wait considerably.
5. Recently a toll plaza has been constructed on the way to Chorla. So you might incur extra charges depending on your vehicle. The cost quoted above does not include this cost.