This is my second tranche of review of Goa. Here I share the unseen and unheard places of North Goa
1. Reis Magos Fort (Verem, Panjim), take a ferry from the Panjim Jetty to make the ride more fun.
2. Church of our lady of the mount (old goa), don’t get confused this church to the world heritage church “The Basilica of Bom Jesus ” . A panoramic scenic view of “Divar Island” and “Charao Island” is waiting for you.
3. Islands of Chorao and Divar , The famous “Dr. Salim Ali Bird sanctuary” is situated in Chorao, You can take a ferry from Raibandar, Panjim to reach these spots.
4. Hivrem Waterfall, near sanquelim, a steep trek of 6km one way
5. Chapora Fort, an heaven for photographers, where a river merges into the majestic ‘The Arabian sea’.
6. Chorla Ghat, situated at Goa- Karnataka north east border (via Bicholim).
P.S: All the above listed places are best to visit just after monsoon season (i.e. September to December) and make sure you hire a private vehicle either 4/2 wheeler because most of this places are mostly inaccessible by public transport.