Things to Keep in Mind While Meeting the Pigs
1. Follow what your guide tells you and feed the pigs only what he gives to you.
2. While feeding them, make sure you feed them in water and not after reaching the shore to avoid sand ingestion, which can be fatal for the pigs.
3. As you approach the pigs, offer food to them without touching them. We would advise anyone visiting the Swimming Pigs Beach to let these feral animals come to you as and when they feel comfortable. At the shore, the piglets will be waiting for you to pick them up and cuddle them.
4. The pigs have very limited access to fresh water on the island so it is also a good idea to offer them the same.
5. While you walk towards the shore, you will also be greeted by countless stingrays. Be careful so as not to touch or hurt them with your feet.
6. Turn the camera flash off while taking pictures at the Swimming Pigs Beach.
Always remember, exploration should not mean exploitation.