Back to Chennai
Last day we wrapped up our stay and headed back home to Chennai :)
1. If you have valid visa from US, UK, Schengan and few other countries as I mentioned above, for Indian Passport Holders its entry free. All you have to do is fill their transit form and pass through immigration (We saved the visa fee in that since both Husband and I had other valid visas)
2. All tourist spots in Taipei are entry free like the hot springs, national parks, night markets etc. Even for the Zoo we paid very minimal fee of about Rs. 200
3. We ate a lot of street food for our meals except for 1 or 2 meal where we wanted to indulge in some gourmet restaurants. Street food in Taiwan is cheap but for vegetarians it would be little difficult. If you can manage with chicken and duck its a street food heaven.
4. We brought the easy pass for 5 days which we used in all public transport and can be topped up if needed. Google maps is more than sufficient to see the public transport routes.
5. We stayed in 2 different places, Husband got some Thomas Cook voucher from his office so we redeemed it for a 2 night stay in a small hotel for first 2 days. Next 3 days we stayed at Holiday Inn Express since I had some points to be redeemed there. With this we ended up not paying anything for our stay :)
6. There are other few places worth seeing like the scenic North coast, Taroko Gorge and the fast bullet train to the south Taiwan since we didn't have much time. If you are planning for a week long or more, then you could include these.