Again the need of escaping from the daily fussing life had been a great headache for me and made me to make my plan for the next trip asap. Being a South Bengalian, i had been never in North Bengal before which was kind of an absurd crime committed by a travelbug. In this case the absurd crime means,you are travel addicted but you even haven't explored completely your own place yet from where you belong,when that place itself offers a lot. So thought,this time would be the perfect one for me to do atone on that part of my life and finally I did choose a beautiful hamlet on Eastern Himalaya called 'Tinchuley'. It is basically a small village in Darjeeling district,located at an altitude of 5,300 ft. The name Tinchuley means "Three Ovens" or "Tin Chullahs" as three oven like hill tops by which this village is surrounded,can be noticeable from here. As I said the word in the title "Tranquil", if you want full of tranquilities,want to come more closer to nature,want to keep yourself in the middle of chirping,want to have a nature walk through village trails then this place is worth to have a visit.
By Train:- The nearest railway station is NJP. It takes approx 3 hrs to get there by car.
By Flight :- The nearest airport is Bagdogra. From there one can get car which will take them to Tinchuley approximately within 3.30 hrs.
P.S. :- One can get both shared and reserved cars on the basis of their own demand.One can also have the option of pre-booking their homestay owner's car if it is available. Reserved car normally takes 3000/- each way.
ACCOMODATION:- The most important part is booking your stay. Because in this kind of hamlet,you won't get available luxurious hotels and their services. Here you will get few 'Homestay'-s,which offer both fooding & lodging and where you will have a feeling of home away from home. So as I said few homestays, so it is important to book your preferred homestay first according to your journey date because it isn't not recommended at all to get there first and find your accommodation which may gonna eventually put you in a deep mess.
PLACES TO VISIT:-
1) Tinchuley Monastery :- Though one can't have a view of the plenty of pine forest here but once visiting in this particular beautiful monastery you will feel definitely blissful.
2) Gumbadara Viewpoint :- Coming here and having some marvelous valley view including the tea gardens is also an obligatory option. If you are lucky then you could also have the view of Mt. Kanchenjunga here.
3) Lover's Meet View Point :- It is the rallying point of the two beautiful rivers : Teesta & Rangeet.
4) Rangoli-Rangliot Tea Garden :- One of the famous and scenic tea garden in Tinchuley.
5) The Hanging Bridge :- A lengthy bridge established in British era. Visit it to have a bob walk on it.
6) Lamahatta Park :- A beautifully decorated park in the midst of pine forest, situated at an altitude of about 5,700 ft.
7) Orchid Centre :- An orchid centre to explore beautiful various orchids though we hadn't visited it. The best time of visiting this kind of centre is March to June when the blooming is at its best.
This was my first ever homestay booking and I have been left mesmerized by them.Most of the homestays have got some dapper rooms. So you don't need to be worried about how good or bad the rooms will be before going for the booking.Though you won't get delicate facilities at homestays; but once you visit any of these,I bet on that their awesome hospitalities,some superb tasty food made by them,their innocence,their authentic love will surely make them unforgettable to you.