Best time to visit Auroville
October to February is the best time to visit this place as the region experiences really hot days throughout the year.
Insights for Visitors
1. To get around the Auroville, the easiest way is to rent a Activa for 300 rs per day
2. Visit the Auroville Guest service tofind out all the avaialble workshops, cultural programs, and fesitvals
3. Apply 3 days in advance for the pass if u want to go inside the Matrimandir
4. If u planned to stay at Auroville, then live cashless and get an Auro card
5. Stay among Aurovilians at akra
6. There is a sandy beach near Auroville, on the other side of ECR (Auro beach). It is not the cleanest of beaches, and usually pretty crowded.
I think it was the sense of freedom, that irresistible sense I got when I visited Auroville. I was really amazed with everything about this community and really wished that I had more than 1 day so that I could stay here and learn more about this special part of the world and contribute in some way.