Here are a few cost saving tips for you:
- Book your air tickets and make hotel reservations well in advance.
- If your apartment has a kitchen, have breakfast inside. Stock up on eggs, milk, bread, spread and bananas. Pack a couple of sandwiches/snacks for the strolls, carry water (it’s clean) and energy bars. Have lunch at Tutto Bene and look at fine dining options in the evening.
- Use the bus to and fro the airport. Avoid cabs, they are super expensive.
- Use ferry tickets and bus travels(to get to the islands) rather than private boats/cruises.
- Spend more time in the water than in the old town.
- Carry beach towels and small umbrellas, avoid renting the chairs on the beach.
- Pack well, do not end up buying things since you forgot them at home.