Culinary connoisseurs will have a mighty field day at Cidade's fine array of restaurants serving food fit for Gosling and Watson together. The property has 5 different restaurants and 2 bars to cater to everyone's tastebuds and whims. Alfama is the chef's specialty restaurant which you can visit for Continental and Goan cuisine. If you are in the mood for a beach-front open-air meal, Barbeque restaurant is your paradise. It's an award-winning seafood outlet. But sometimes the craving for North Indian gets out of hand, on those times visit Cafe Azul. Goa is famous for its choicest wines, and it doesn't get more inventive than at Cidade's baroque bars - Taverna and Bar Latino. Your heart will melt at the sight of signature haute-cuisine specialities on the menu that you can enjoy by the beachside grills. Sigh.
Every room has the unmistakable impression of Cidade's overall dreamy style. The rooms come fitted with all modern amenities such as a flat-screen TV, private bathroom, mini-bar, 24-hour service, laundry, safety deposit box, and toiletries. With all this you are promised unparalleled scenic views while you laze away on chic interiors nestled in huge living spaces.
Prices start at Rs. 7,200 for two per night. If you opt for breakfast, you will pay Rs. 540 per head extra.
You can book this property right away without paying in advance.
Best time to go
Although every time is a good time in Goa, but you should avoid it during the monsoons months of August and September.
What to do here and around the property
1. For families, there are facilities such as the games room for indoor activities, besides of course the beach games on offer.
2. Cidade's spa treatment is also highly recommended with Swedish and Ayurvedic body massages ready to heal your mind, body, and soul. Amongst other amenities, there is a state-of-the-art gymnasium and banqueting halls equipped to hold business conferences of any stature. The property can also be availed as a wedding destination.
3. Visit Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Church in the Rua Emidio Garcia area. It's a baroque-style Catholic church with a magnanimous facade.
4. If you are there with kids, you can visit the Goa Science Centre which offers interactive scientific displays and also houses a planetarium.
5. The Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary nearby is a haven for bird-watchers.