For day tours, you can head to the popular Mall Road in Shimla galavanting and spending time shopping for trinkets. You can go for sight seeing to Jakhu Hills, located at 8000 ft offering the view of snow covered Himalayas. Some of the other places near Shoghi, perfect for days tours are Mashobra, Fagu, Tattapani and Tara Devi.
Before you check-in do take a stock of your fitness. Each cottage requires walking uphill and negotiating mountain terrain, so carry your sports shoes. Also it might not be a good idea if you are travelling with kids or senior citizens. Though I must add that I travelled with my five month old and he completely loved the experience and the staff at the resort.
"Shoghi is beautiful," my husband declared as we left Aamod, that was our abode for two days. Aamod has definitely highlighted this little hamlet of Shoghi on travellers map. If you are looking for a quaint holiday in the hills you must check-out this boutique property.
- Shoghi is a small hamlet located on NH22, located 13 kms short of Shimla.
- Aamod at Shoghi is an Ecotourism resort set in pristine virgin forest, on a land provided by Himachal Pradesh Forest Department under its new Ecotourism policy.
- The resort has 20 cottages across categories, a multi-cuisine restaurant, spa and conference facility.
- The resort has an adventure course offering an array of activities, with onsite instructors.
- How To Reach: The nearest airport is in Shimla, but Chandigarh is a better choice if you are looking for regular flights. Nearest train station is Kalka, from where you can travel by road to Shoghi or take the toy train that drops you just five minutes away from the property.
AAMOD RESORT & SPA, SHOGHI: IDYLLIC HILL RESORT: OVERVIEW
BANG FOR THE BUCK ☆☆☆☆☆
Summary:If you are looking for a quaint holiday in the hills you must check-out this boutique property.
This blog was originally published on The Hotel Explorer.