Yes, the government is on a spree to rechristen Indian cities with more sanskari and parivarik (you know who) names. But there is an entire list of places which really need to get a new name because they deserve one. And if they don't, you can go to these places to get baffled and make your Insta audience go crazy. Here are some places in India which have terribly unfortunate names:
1. Lolpur- Located just next to Ayodhya in Uttar Pradesh, Lolpur laughs in the face of the ongoing name changing fiasco.
2. Tatti Khana- No Hindi Speaker will ever want his address here in this Telangana town.
3. Kala Bakra- Finally, a place dedicated to the supremely powerful clan of black goats. Are humans allowed? Yes, the goats are merciful in this locality close to Jalandhar, Punjab.
4. Pimple Saudagar- If this place's name is based on a person who traded pimples for money, he would definitely belong to a universe of anti-cosmetics. But surprisingly, this is very close to Pune.
5. Chinchpokli- The next time you call someone Chinchpokli, they are probably not going to like you. But people have been calling this place in Mumbai with the same name since very long. Interestingly, it means the valley of tamarind trees.
6. Khara Patthar- As the name suggests, huge rocks stand at the edges of the scarily steep road in the east of Shimla district. The rock might stand tall, but when there are landslides here, some vehicles do not.
7. Cumbum- If you happen to be an engineer who makes their way to US from this place in Tamil Nadu, be ready for heavy embarrassment.
8. Titwala- Say it out aloud- I am a Titwala, and people will never agree that you are a decent person unless you are from this town, close to Mumbai, itself.
9. Merapani- Sounds like the bordering town where two states had a water dispute. This place in Assam borders Nagaland.
10. Cockburn Road- In the middle of Bangalore, there is this street with this violent name. Thankfully, nothing literal happens here.
11. AchanakMar- Be really wary of this place in Chhattisgarh where the locals might be into some intense Guerilla warfare and may attack you suddenly. The locals here happen to be tigers and other wild animals, so that is quite likely too.
Do you know of any other funny places in India? Tell us in the comments below.
Why should English readers have all the fun? Tripoto is now available in Hindi: https://www.facebook.com/TripotoHindi/
Frequent Searches Leading To This Page:-
tatti khana telangana, tatti khana in hyderabad, places to visit in telangana state, best places to visit in telangana, best places to visit in telangana with friends