1. Goa: Well the most obvious and the popular of the lot, GOA! How can this not be on any Indian beach listicle? There's a big-beach-buffet from north to south, go ahead and pick your preference!
2. Gokarna, Karnataka: Gokarna is the new Goa! A lesser commercial version of the Goan beaches, almost about 150 kms from Goa, added serenity with a laid-back approach is what Gokarna has to offer.
3. Kovalam, Kerala: The curved shaped beaches, have been famous for the Ayurvedic treatment centers in the recent years. The pristine beaches are also very popular for water sports.
4. Havelock, Andamans: A paradise for those who are looking for scuba diving and snorkeling. With the crystal clear waters, white sand beaches, vibrant coral reefs and enamoring ambiance, you would feel rejuvenated and full of life!
5. Mahabalipuram, Tamil Nadu: Home to ancient sculptures, with rich cultural heritage, Mahabalipuram is a serene beach town almost about 60 kms from Chennai.
6. Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu: The tiny coastal city, famous for it's French Connection, is surreal and splendid in it's charm. While you can sense the colonial reminiscence everywhere, the French-influenced aura in cafes and restaurants would not fail to please your hearts.
7. Puri, Odisha: If you are not looking for fun and frolic, a rather religious and cultural approach to a beach city is the touristy, busy, divine and holy golden sands of Puri.