The morning after, we immediately took off for Nainital.
The distance between Ranikhet and Nainital is around 60kms (2 hours) and roads are really good with charismatic views.
Things to do on this trip:
1. Talking about nainital, the major markets and attractions are located around the famous NAINI LAKE. The clear water of the lake and the resemblance of sky during the day and the city lights during the night, makes it really hard to leave the lake side and go someplace else. It is such a treat for your eyes. Boating on this lake is so peaceful and you get to choose what boat you want to go on. We, on our trip, decided to take the paddle boat, however, it didn’t turn out to be a good decision. The lake is magnificent and so huge, you cannot paddle for so long as to cover the entire area.
2. The mall road of nainital is so good for buying woollen clothes and kumaoni cultural apparels. You get delicious food on the mall road. The EMBASSY restaurant, is a must visit for atleast one of your meals. I also purchased a pahadi topi from the mall road, for just 80 rupees.
3. There are mini game zones just beside the lake. I suggest all the 90’s kids videogames enthusiasts to please visit this place and relive your nostalgia and play the retro games. You can also go skating.
4. I also visited the CCD situated at the mall road, and it has the best view. Plus a coffee in cold weather, with a view of mighty Himalayas and the lake is always a delight.
5. Take the ropeway to the snow view point for absolute gorgeous panoramic views of the snow capped Himalayan ranges.
6. Visit the zoo and the cave garden for first hand experience of the wildlife and lush greenery.
7. DO NOT MISS OUT ON PAHADI KHEERE KA RAITA AND BOILED POTATO. Please find this dish on the outskirts of nainital and have it.
8. If you have some extra days, plan a visit too the Jim Corbett.
We stayed one night in ranikhet, at hotel alka, which costed us around 800 INR per person, including breakfast.
In Nainital, we were staying at the KMVN Resort, which by the way, are very very comfortable and with great hospitality.
The 3 days 2 night trip from dehradun to nainital costed us around 6000INR per person. (including the car we rented)
How to reach nainital:
The nearest airport to nainital is the pantnagar airport which is around 70kms away from nainital.
You can get a railway connectivity to the nearest railway station i.e. the kathgodam eailway station is around 23 kms away from nainital.
There's good roadways connectivity from delhi and dehradun, so you can always take bus or drive your vehicle or rent a cab, whichever is feasible to you.
Feel free to inbox in case of any help required.
Thanks for reading :)