A deadly route to Bandhavgarh National Park I Kept my luggage at a small hotel in Umariya, mustering myself for a scary ride.5 a.m. - It was cold and dark. Once, I entered the forest area, it started showing scary road signs - 'Drive slow, an animal might just walk in' and there was no vehicle or person on the road. Shiver ran down the spine. What if a tiger walks in the middle of night? Surviving through the goosebumps, I managed to reach half an hour before the safari starts, shared my safari ride with a couple.
I'll rest for a while after the long sleepless madness before I catch my next train. After a super exhaustive day, every place you find shelter seems like heaven.
Some Travel Tips
Meet Guddu, an enthusiastic sight specialist The safaris at Bandhavgarh National Park are divided into slots and types. A bunch of gypsies go for the safaris in a slot, where everyone is waiting for the view of tiger, be it behind a bush or crossing their road.
Though it is difficult to find animals in winters (as told by our incharge in the safari, Guddu), the eyes of all safari riders worked really hard to find something. Guddu used all his instinct to show us a tiger. He narrated the story of a brave incharge who saved his visitor when a tiger jumped onto their safari van. A photographer on the same safari managed to capture that perfect moment. Apart from a few nocturnal creatures, we couldn't find many animals during the safari.
Souvenir and hunger stop at Malaya cafe A tiny cafe and shop that serves English and continental food. You can find lot of souvenirs of interesting musical instruments created by barks of trees, wooden goodies and a lot more.
- Do stay curious on the train, assure yourself that you're in the right train. Also, take care of your belongings - Be alert all the time.
- Use Booking.com to find restaurants at great deals in the above areas.
- BTW, there is Zostel in Khajuraho opposite to Shiv Sagar Lake.
- You have to do a lot of research about the connectivity between places. Going forward, follow opinion of locals or Google's wise trains' recommendation.
- Carry enough cash with you, since these towns do not have many ATMs.
- Share the contact of the driver of your rented car with your friends or families in case you find it suspicious.
This post was originally published on The Travellist.
Frequent Searches Leading To This Page:-
solo trip madhya pradesh, madhya pradesh travel itinerary, madhya pradesh travel blog, solo madhya pradesh, solo trip madhya pradesh