Intertwined between culture and the beauty of Mother Nature, is Nepal - the neighbouring country of India. The diverse geographical landscape with high mountains and green plains portray the uniqueness of the place. The temples and pagodas reflect the religious sentiments of the locals and their eternal faith on the Almighty.
Here are the best places from where you can witness the beauty of the country.
Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal:
One of the best religious places to visit in Nepal. There are more than 130 historic and religious buildings in the city. The key attractions are:
1. The famous Buddhist stupa, Swayambhunath, which stands at the top of a hillock. One has to climb an array of stairs before reaching the stupa buts it's worth a walk as it opens up a serene view of the Kathmandu valley.
2. The Pashupatinath Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple stands at the banks of the river Bagmati and is one of the oldest and holy temples of the Hindu community.
3. Several UNESCO World Heritage sites like Kathmandu Durbar Square, the Patan Durbar Square, and the Bhaktapur Durbar Square. The three Durbars are the reminiscence of the old kingdom of Nepal and consist of palaces, temples, wide courtyards, museums, water fountains along with some excellent wooden works.
4. Thamel, one of the popular nightlife zones of the city, presents an alternate picture with live music, roadside food shops, shops selling jewelry, handicrafts.
5. The quaint small Himalayan village, Nagarkot. You can witness some of the breathtaking views of the Himalayas and the ranges of Annapurna, Manaslu, Langtang, Jugal, Everest, Numbur, Ganesh Himal and the Rolwaling.
Pokhara, the gateway to the Annapurna Hills
One of the finest towns in Nepal with a mystic view of the lakes and the panoramic view of the snow-clad Annapurna Hills. The key attractions are:
1. The great Phewa lake in Pokhara at the backdrop of the majestic Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Hills. The reflection of the rays of the setting sun rekindles a sparkling effect in the calm flowing waters.
2. Sarangkot, a small village, famous for the magnificent views of the Annapurna range, Fishtail mountains, Dhaulagiri range, and the Manaslu. It’s a photographer’s paradise where one can capture images of the exotic charisma of the place.
3. Situated at a height of 1000 m is the World Peace Pagoda or the Shanti Stupa. Created by the Buddhist monks, it is one of the World’s greatest stupas.
Gondola ride across the Chandragiri Hills:
About 2500 meters from sea level is the Chandragiri Hills. You must avail the gondola for a thrilling experience, embracing the greenery of Thankot and Chandragiri Hills. The cable car takes about 10 to 15 minutes to cover the 2.5 km distance to the Hills. You can observe Annapurna Hills, Fishtail mountains, Gaurishankar Himal, and Mount Everest, if the sky is clear.
What are the best places to stay in Nepal?
1. DOM Himalaya Hotel
Address: Paknajol Marg, Thamel, 44600 Kathmandu
Tariff: INR 2672 per night approximately
2. Hotel Jampa
Address: Po Box 23223, Bhagwati Marg, Thamel, 44600 Kathmandu
Tariff: INR 2064 per night approximately
3. Samsara Boutique Hotel
Address: Bhagwati Marg, Thamel, Thamel, 00977 Kathmandu
Tariff: INR 2087 per night approximately
4. Hotel Middle Path & Spa
Address: Lakeside-6, Middle Path St, 33411 Pokhara
Tariff: INR 2467 per night approximately
5. Hotel Lake Shore
Address: Gaurighat, Lakeside, 33700 Pokhara
Tariff: INR 2850 per night approximately
Which is the best time to visit Nepal?
The best time to visit Nepal is between the months of October and December. The weather is pleasant and not very cold.
How to reach Nepal?
There are direct flights to Kathmandu Tribhuvan international airport from Kolkata, New Delhi and Varanasi. From Kathmandu, you can either reach Pokhara via road or via flight.
Nepal is a traveler’s fascination and trekker’s paradise. It’s a must-visit to experience the unique combo of history and nature’s ecstasy.
Ready to travel for free? Earn credits and redeem them on Tripoto’s weekend getaways, hotel stays and vacation packages!