Planning to visit Shillong, Meghalaya?
In this vlog, I've covered some of the top tourist destinations in and around the capital city, Shillong.
Shillong is a beautiful city and you can easily spend a day or two admiring the beauty of north-east India.
The places that I've covered in this video are
1. Mary Help of Christians' Cathedral - This church is located in the heart of Shillong and must definitely be on your bucket list. The architecture of the church makes it one of the most beautiful buildings in the state.
2. 3 Steps Waterfall/Elephant Falls - Elephant falls is probably the first fall that you'll see in Meghalaya. Due to the resemblance of rock to the elephant, Britishers named the falls as Elephant falls. The rock was later destroyed in an earthquake. The fall is also called the 3 steps waterfall as it is a three-tier waterfall. This may not be the best waterfall in Meghalaya but it is definitely worth your time.
3. Shillong Peak - This is one of the many places in Shillong where you can get a spectacular view of the entire city. It is also the highest point in Shillong so expect some incredible views. Don't forget to carry your passport or Aadhar card with you as foreign citizens are not allowed here.
4. Lady Hydari Park - The park is a great place to have a picnic. You will see different types of flowers and animals here. Yes, it's a mini zoo too. This park is closed on Mondays. Another popular park is Ward's Lake. This park is closed on Tuesdays and hence, I didn't get a chance to see it. It looked beautiful from the outside though.
5. Golf Course - Welcome to Scotland of the East. Believe it or not but it is one of the world's largest natural golf courses. Here, you'll see endless expands of green pastures and rhododendron trees. Great place to chill and do some fun activities.
6. Umiam Lake - This lake is also known as Borapani lake. There are different types of water sports activities that you can do here. However, the pedal boat seems to be everyone's favorite.
7. Police Bazar - Police Bazar is a market where you can all the local supplies, street food, and taxis. This is also a great place to shop and buy some souvenirs for yourself. This place gets really crowded in the evening and you will feel like the entire city has congregated to Police Bazar.
Sure there are many more places to cover in Shillong, but this is all I could do in a day. Hope it helps. :)
Frequent searches leading to this page:-
best places to visit shillong, top 5 places to visit in shillong, places to visit near shillong, places to visit in shillong in 1 day