The steamy aroma, hot chicken filling and the delicious taste was simply out of the world. And, all this at such reasonable prices, adds to the reason behind the jam packed restaurant. After finishing off our thukpa bowls and momos, we proceeded for a little street shopping and bought some handicrafts and the famous egg flat noodles.
With this, we ended up our short but truly amazing trip to the Majestic McLeod Ganj!
To simplify things, here’s a list of everything that might assist you during your stay in McLeod Ganj:
Where To Go?
• Bhagsu Nag water falls
• Naddi (this is basically a view point from where one can see the beautiful Dhauladhar ranges with a few dhabas and cafes around.
• Bhagsu Nag Temple
• The Dalai Lama Temple
• McLeod Ganj market (it is right outside the Dalai Lama Temple).
• Triund trek
What To Do?
• Trek to Triund for sure. You cannot miss out this!
• Enjoy local street shopping. Do buy the Flat Egg Noodles. They’re awesome, trust me on this!
• Relish on the Tibetan cuisine. Ditching the regular Indian cuisine here is absolutely worth.
What To Eat & Where?
• Breakfast at German Bakery, Bhagsu Nag. They have a variety of breakfast, all worth trying.
• Tibet Kitchen, Mcleod Ganj market. Their Thukpa & Momos are super delicious. Do give it a try!
• Shiva Café, Bhagsu Nag falls. The rustic vibe has it all!
• Illiteratti Book & Café & Jimmy’s Italian Kitchen serve AMAZING Italian food. If you too love Italian cuisine or would like to give it a try, please do visit here.
• Mcllo Restro & Bar, McLeod Ganj market. A multi cuisine specialty restaurant with groovy vibes & great food surely needs to be in the check list.
Best Time To Go?
One can visit McLeod Ganj anytime of the year. However, you should avoid monsoons i.e., June-August and heavy snowfall winters i.e., January-February to avoid inconvenience.
"Thanks for reading my travel story. Please leave a comment if you like to share a suggestion or show your love. Also, please travel responsibly and save our mother nature."
Travel Miles | Spread Smiles