Photo credits: Abhijeet Patra and Michal Dykas (Friends from Singapore).
Top things to do in Hong Kong:
1. Victoria Peak: The Peak Tower is one of the most stylish architectural Hong Kong attractions. Inside The Peak Tower, there is a dazzling array of restaurants, shops and entertainment venues set against the beautiful backdrop of the city. Moreover, The Peak Tower boasts the highest 360° viewing platform – The Sky Terrace which offers spectacular panoramic views of the vibrant city.
2. Symphony of Lights: The Symphony of Lights is the “World’s Largest Permanent Light and Sound Show” by Guinness World Records, has been further expanded to include more than 40 buildings on both sides of Victoria Harbour. A stunning, unforgettable spectacle synchronized to music and narration that celebrates the energy, spirit and diversity of Hong Kong. Every night starting 8 pm.
3. Ngong Ping 360: Tei Tan square in the middle of the Po Lin Monastery plaza. Also, world’s largest outdoor bronze statue – the Giant Buddha.
4. Hollywood Road: The street is crammed with antique shops and an open-air curio market, these quaint locales are ideal places for picking up eclectic souvenirs and gifts.
5. Temple Street market: Temple Street is the busiest flea market at night in the territory of Jordan and Yau Ma Tei in Kowloon. Popular with both tourists and locals alike in the evening, it is common to see the place crowded at dusk.
6. Wong Tai Sin Temple: Wong Tai Sin Temple is one of Hong Kong most famous temple, dedicated to the Great Immortal Wong. Locals & tourists could be seen daily making their prayers at the temple. The temple is known for granting any wishes thus lots of worshipers whose prayers were answered returning to thank the immortal.
7. Ferry from Hong Kong to Macau.
Apart from above, explore local Hong Kong. The most effective way to know how Hong Kong people live is to observe the local life of an ordinary Hong Kong resident. Just wander and observe - and don't worry - all areas are safe.