1. VAGAMON - located in Kottayam-Idukki border this hill station in Kerala is full of pine forest, tea estates,waterfalls, flowers and orchids. Kurisumala Ashram, Mooppanpara, Murugan hills are important point of interest. This hill station is famous for Trekking and paragliding in Kerala. Mouth watering vegetarian and non vegetarian food are famous.
2. PEERMEDU - This place is situated near Kanjirappally. Sufi saint Peer Mohammed lived in this place. The hill station is full of wind, beautifu valley and hills. Coffee, cardamom,tea plantations are stretched in Peermedu. Peeru hills,pancholimedu, kuttikanam are famous point of interest. Trekking, Hiking and Long walking are famously done. There are multi cuisine restrunants, Indian and Chinese dishes famous and mouth watering.
3. VYTHIRI - a tourist destination located at Waynad district and it is one of the 3 Taluks of the district. This small town had 18 villages. This hill station is famous for spice plantation in Kerala, luxuriant forest, rich cultural traditions and tribal communities. Kara lad lake, poolot lake and lakkili are famous point of interest. Kerala Parotta, pazhampolic and bhajjis are mouth watering bites. Cycling is famously done around this place, for beautiful spots, panaromic views are visible.
4. MATTUPETTY -It is situated in the town of Munnar. This place is famous for green tea plantations and rolling grasslands. Mattupetty dam, Kundala lake, dairy farm are places to visit at Mattupetty. Trekking and Bird watching is famously done here. Beef dishes, biryani,appams, chicken dishes are famous bites.
5. GAVI - Located at Pathanamthitta district it is a part of Periyar Tiger Reserve. This hill station is famous for Ranni forest in Kerala, which has famous Gopher trees, evergreen forest and abundant wildlife. Trekking, Safari, bird watching and camping are famous adventure sports done here. Sabarimalai temple view, spice garden, Gavi lakes and cardamom factory site are point of interest not to be missed. English breakfast, chicken salad, Kerala veg thali are famous bites.
6. VITHURA - Situated 36km from Trivandrum this hill station is surrounded by western ghats and it is a tourist spot famous for beautiful nature and climate. Ponmudi hills, Thavakhal water falls, Golden valley area famous point of interest. Rock climbing is famously done here. Sheema chakra, drumstick sambhar are yummy bites.
7. CHARALKANNU - It is a small scenic town situated at Pathanamthitta district. Pamela river flows through this city. This place is famous for low lying valleys and beautiful nature. Kumbhavuruthy waterfalls, perunthenaruvi waterfalls, Chenganur are popular point of interest. Camping and trekking is famously done here. Kerala style food is famous all over this hill station.
8. KALPELTA - Situated at Wayanad district this town lies on Kozhikode-Mysore national highway. It is a town surrounded by dense coffee and tea plantations. Meenmutty falls, sunrise valley, Muthanga wildlife sanctuary, Chembaram peak are famous point of interest. Trekking is famously done. Authentic Kerala food served on banana leaf. Fish and chicken are yummy bites with Malabar Parotta.