All of us know how important it is to clean our environment and now in our era it's been a root cause of all the calamities.
Not just while we are working or being at home but while travelling we often end up creating a large amount of garbage and pollute. Either we unknowingly end up creating or we intentionally don't care much. Whatever maybe the reason, we must correct our mistakes and let's be honest humans pollute too much.
So, let's just get started with 5 ways you can go sustainable while travelling~
1). CARRY YOUR OWN WATER BOTTLE.
This is the most common and genuine way you'll ever hear. We often buy packaged drinking water while travelling which costs somewhere around 20bucks each. The plastic bottles usually end up in landfills or in the places we visit. No places in worth polluting. If we are visiting a hill station or a beach what's the difference if we end up polluting the place with our city culture? A packaged drinking water industry uses tons of resources and waste liters of water for making just one bottle that contains 1lt only? Is it worth all the wastage?
Carrying your own bottle is not only just an eco friendly way but you'll endup saving money.
(IN CASE YOU WANT TO FILTER THE LOCAL TAP WATER OR RIVER WATER, YOU CAN USE A FILTER CLOTH TO KEEP WATER CLEAN.)
2). CARRY A CONTAINER.
You must be thinking that I have gone mad because who carries a container or a tiffin while travelling?
I tell you, it will help! How?
We eat outside food while travelling and end up having a lot of wrappers, polybags, plastic cutlery etc. What if we carry our containers with our cutlery? They are washable, reuseable and eco friendly.
We can easily pack food from local restaurants or shops or vendor and eat in our containers without creating any pollution.
So that's how you save environment!
3). CLOTH TOWELS ARE A MUST.
I mean who doesn't wipes off face and hands while travelling. Whether in a hill station or in a beach.. We end up using tissues or wet wipes or cotton pads. May it be for removing makeup for women or wiping out oil and dirt from face, we use 'em all!
But, they are harming our environment.
The wet wipes we use are not easily decomposed, the tissues we use are a bi-product of trees (deforestration), the cotton pads are the same.
Why harm the environment so much when we can go sustainable?
I recommend carrying 2 hand towels or small sized towels. It can not only be used for wipinh out dirt and oil from face, but you can use it to remove makeup, wipe your hands and other stuff.
They are super affordable and can be washed and reused a lot of time.
(I RECOMMEND USING COTTON CLOTH HAND TOWELS. THEY GLIDE BEST IN THE SKIN.)
4). AN EXTRA CLOTH BAG IS NEVER TOO MUCH.
Cloth bag is a saviour I tell you. While travelling we buy things like fruits or some local eye catching things. It would be such an eco friendly way to carry fruits and other bought stuff in your own cloth bag.
Do not buy extra plastic packaging or ploy bags for fruits and other stuff.
5). HAIR CARE.
Seems pretty strange? How can hair care be sustainable? Here's how..
We often use conditioners and chemical shampoos, dry shampoos which are for general information toxic for our planet. These chemicals often after wash pollute water.
•Try to use organicatural shampoos.
• Use aelovera gel or natural aelovera as conditioner ~ I personally use natural aelovera not just while travelling but in home also. They make hair strong, shiny, silky and soft, make sure you apply it to your hair 1 or 1/2 he before wash.
• avoid using dry shampoo. In case you still want to use something where you don't have to wash your hair.. Use talc.
APART FROM THIS, HERE ARE SOME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:~
• IT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT TO BE WASTE LESS AND WE STILL MAKE A LITTLE WASTE. TRY TO PUT ALL YOUR TRAVEL WASTE IN ONE BAG. IN CASE YOU ARE ON A TREK OR A PLACE WHERE THERE ARE NO DUSTBINS. CARRY YOUR WASTE AND DECOMPOSE IN THE SUITABLE PLACE.
• CARRY SOME SEEDLINGS TO SOW WHILE YOU ARE OUTDOORS. MAY IT BE THE SEEDS OF THE FRUIT YOU ATE OR MARKET BOUGHT ONE. THROW THEM IN SUITABLE PLACES OR SOW THEM YOURSELF. NATURE ITSELF WILL TAKE CARE OF THEM. YOU MAY NOT KNOW BUT THIS CAN HELP GROWING SO MUCH OF VEGETATION.
• DO NOT FEEL ASHAMED OF PICKING UP GARBAGE FROM INAPPROPRIATE PLACES. IF YOU DONT FEEL ASHAMED OF THROWING THE GARBAGE IN BEAUTIFUL PLACES THEN IT MIGHT NOT BE A PROBLEM FOR YOU TO PICK IT UP ALSO.
BE RESPONSIBLE. ACT WISELY.
And that's all. I hope you'll apply these methods in your travelling and our little steps can make big difference.
Thank you. Much love.