Oh no, I forgot to bring my power bank. Oh no, this time I missed my sunglasses, I missed to book for tonight stay, so and so. these are the problems that we usually faced while traveling, backpacking, or whatever it is, So no worry most of them are preventable. Read on.
Summers are always Awaited. because of the vacations mostly. So being ready for those days, with a last-minute checklist can make your whole awaited trip a blunder.
I'm not saying that you should do exact plans for what to do. You are traveling because of to get rid of them, and some even will intentionally do that to get to know how to handle situations well.
However, It is A good habit to do a CHECKLIST, if you are a solo traveler or like that kind of.
Why do A checklist?
It is essential,
If you are a Lead of a group because you do have their responsibility.
If you are on a budget trip.
If you are a solo traveler.
If you have limited time and the things to explore are more.
If you want a smooth and happy trip.
What are the categories of a basic checklist?
General categories of the checklist Are,
These will include all the essentials you would need, For a usual trip. and for more specific categories are next.
* Booking before(when prices are low)
* Hotel booking.
* Transportation booking
* The season of the destination
* Check whether if the food of your convenience is available.
* Driving license ( If you planned to rent vehicles there).
* Your health conditions.
* Confirmation of your holidays.
* Buy travel insurance
* Buy a local sim card or activate your international roaming from your existing sim card.
* Check your passport and visa validity.
* student card, if you have. for some concessions.
2.Money: Manage It thoroughly
Debit card(Rupay, master card, visa)
* Have cash in hand, even better changes.
* keep money safe, best is keep some bare local cash, and rest of in the bank account.
* An extra wallet in case of an emergency.
* money belt, for easy cash maintenance.
3.Health: For all and Must for elders.
* See if you have any health issues.
* Take your Medicines, if you are suggested by your Doctor.
* Insect repellent,(must)
*First aid kit, a handy one.
* Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS)
* Mosquito net, it is a must, if you are on an adventure trip.
* Pain reliever, mostly a spray, which will heal faster.
*Birth control contraceptives. (more specific)
* Hand sanitizer.
4.Toiletries: for hygiene.
* paste, dental floss
* Soap, shampoo, conditioner Towels
* Tissues, toilet roll
* Feminine hygiene
* Shaving supplies
* Skin products
* Brush, comb, hair products
* contact lenses, supplies.
5.Electronics: for capturing your moments.
* Travel iron.
* Flashlight, torch for Darks.
* A photo camera, memory card, charger.
* Laptop, Tablet, E-reader.
* Travel adapter and converter.
6.Clothes: for different places.
* Shirts, polos
* Jeans, trousers, shorts
* Jumpers, petticoats
* Footwear, sneakers
* Flipflops, sandals
* Tunics, overcoats, raincoats, hats.
* Shawls, gloves.
* Hand napkin.
7.Accessories: For comfort throughout the journey.
* Walking shoes.
* The swimsuit also a big Towel.
* Walking shoes.
8. Travel aids :
These are like basics needs you would check once again.
* Suitcases, backpack
* Maps and directions
* Language guide
* Travel guide
* Travel pillow, sleeping mask, earplugs
* Travel locks
* Luggage tags
* Pens and paper
* Snacks, drinks
* Small pocket knife (not in a carry-on!)
* Rope, expandable clothesline
some useful apps for noting the checklist :
Most of us use smartphones for most of the purposes, so why not for doing a checklist for your next trip?
So here are some lists of apps you can consider to use.
* Microsoft To Do
* Google Tasks
* Remember The Milk
checklist for the small duration trip(3 days or less) :
If you are on small barely around 2 to 3 days of the trip.
* 2 Tees or Blouses.
* 1 Pair of Shorts (or a Skirt)
* 1-2 Pairs of Pants.
* 2 Base Layer Tank Tops.
* 1 Hoodie or Cardigan.
* 1 Jacket.
* 1 Pair of Flats.
* 1 Other Pair of Shoes.
checklist for the long-duration trip(more than 7 days to a month) :
If you are on a week or more days of the journey.
* 5 shirts.
* 3 pairs of shorts or skirts.
* 1 pair of sneakers.
* 2 dressy options (mix and match with accessories and outerwear).
* 1 outerwear — a sweater.
* 1 pair of dressy shoes.
* 1 pair flip-flops.
* 1 hat.
Things you may never forget :
* Reusable Water Bottle.
* Laundry Bag,
* First Aid Supplies.
* Reusable Shopping Bag.
* Emergency Snack.
* Extra Memory Card, for extra storage.
* Hand Sanitizer, for hygiene
* Lip Moisturizer.
checklist for international travel :
* Plan every day.
* See your passport expiry date, before.
* Apply for visas.
* Book your transportation modes(mostly flights)
* Buy travel insurance, for safety.
* Know where are your country Embassy in the destination
* Your photo ID proof and a copy.
* Book your accommodation, before the trip.
* Check-in online for your flight.
* Buy an international SIM card or activate international roaming.
* If you are going to drive to another country, get an international license.
* Mail the soft copies of all important documents to yourself so that they are available even if you lost them.
* Make a list of emergency calls and keep them handy.
I will give you one website link called TRAVELS' CHECKLIST here, where if you fill your specific requirements according to your priorities, and it will suggest what you do must carry for smooth trip.
For conclusion :
Keeping a checklist is a safe and easy way to organize your trip very well. so you won't face any problems on the trip, so you can enjoy your trip most and forget the rest.
Thank you for your time and patience. Happy travel to you.