In the middle of the city, you will find this unique museum where you can learn the history of Australia which is 2000 years old and how people migrated from different parts of world and colonised this country.
There is also an unique wall which comprises of passports of 90 countries. Its a fun experience to spot your country’s.
How to reach here: Get into any tram (70/75 in the direction Etihad stadium from Flinders street station) and get down at market street stop and walk for 1 minute, you will arrive at the museum.
Fees: 14 AUD (adults)
Time to spend : 1-2 hours
Some useful information about Melbourne city centre:
1. There are 5 major train stations in the city centre: Southern cross station, Flagstaff station, Parliament station, Melbourne central station and Flinders street station.
2. On weekends the frequency of city loop trains (means the trains running through the above stations except Finders street station ) is too less as compare to weekdays. So get down at Flinders street station and get into any tram to arrive at your desired destination in the city.
3. Trams in CBD is free, so do not touch on or touch off your myki card.
4. Apart from regular metro trains , there is another category of trains known as regional trains or V line which goes to different states in the country or towns(geelog, Bendigo, Echuca and many more) far from Melbourne city.
5. Melbourne city centre/CBD is just 2 km in terms of length and 1.5 kms on breadth wise.
Stroll around Melbourne CBD by foot is the absolute recommended way to explore and emerge into one of the liveable cities in the world.