Vizag, particularly, has its heart in its blues that cover most of the city and catch one’s eye in less than a minute. While you glance at the scenic beauties in every 3-4 km, you’ll find the typical South-Indian food quite cheap yet very delicious here. Before I start the itinerary, here are a few tips for you to have some sea fun in Vizag:
1. Make it a minimum 2-day or a maximum 3-day trip unless you’re in a full week relaxing mode. The major attraction are the beaches which can easily be covered in the days above mentioned along with a few other sites.
2. Your travel tickets for Vizag should be booked at least a month and a half before you hit on the destination. Also, get hotel bookings done online within the same span.
3. Rent a bike/scooter for the days you’re here. They don’t cost you much plus you can travel wherever you want at your convenience. Getting on to public transport will eat most of your time as you’re a newbie in the city and hopping on to an Ola/Uber will make a deep slit in your pocket.
4. E-payments are mostly accepted everywhere in the city yet some hard cash in your wallet is not going to harm.
5. Keep sunscreen handy as beach tans you the most.
6. Make a list of places that you’d want to cover. I’d rather suggest to be on the beach (be it any) for any no. of days you’re here.
The day-1 starts as we reach Visakhapatnam Railway Station in the morning at around 8 A.M. As we had check-marked all the points covered above, we had our hotel bookings done prior to the journey. In a few calls to Google’s list of bike rentals in Vizag, you can easily rent a bike/scooter here.
As soon as we came out of the station, we dialed a few numbers to the bike rental services in Vizag and booked an Activa 4G in 20 minutes. The very next step was to reach to their office and pick up the scooter.
Quick aid: Mr. Bike Rental (09155405060) could be one of the options where you can get a good bike at a reasonable price. Please do a check to the bike’s average speed and tire quality before you rent one.
We picked up the scooter from Mr. Bike Rentals office, which was on the Ramakrishna Beach road, quite near to the RK Bus Stop. Ramakrishna beach is one of the most popular beaches in Vizag with maximum footfalls. We could’ve stopped there for a while and relaxed, but we chose to check-in, get freshened up and eat as we were very hungry.