As a travel blogger, it's important for me to travel cheap so I can save up and travel further! And to achieve that, it so happens that I always end up taking midnight flights. But reaching the airport in midnight is not my thing! I simply cannot wake up after a nap (in the night!!) and then disturb my parents, book a cab and then reach the airport 😂
So the solution to my agony, a wonderful solution at that is "Airport Lounging" ♥️ Thanks to all the banks I'm associated with for providing me with complementary lounge accesses. Forever grateful! 😆
I usually travel with someone so it gets easier for me to kill time. We finish all the check-in procedures and head straight to lounges. That's our go-to place in the airport (coz you know, midnight flights blah blah..)
We usually don't eat our supper when we are traveling 'coz lounges provide really good food ❤️ Atleast all the lounges I've been to, DO! The most time I've spent in a lounge was when I went to A&N Islands. Our flight was at 4.40 am. We had reached the Airport around 11 pm 🤦
By 11:30 pm, we got into the Premium Plaza Lounge (which btw, is now closed in Bengaluru)
Things you can do in a lounge -
1. Eat obviously!
2. Enjoy drinks ( if you're into hot drinks, then great!) Some lounges don't provide you with alcoholic beverages though, so don't get your hopes high 😅
3. For the boring lot like me, there are magazines and stuff. You can spend time reading.
4. Play - we usually carry cards and other things.
5. Talk - get to know each other better 😃 I know it might sound a little too much, but if you're traveling with your spouse, it gives you good enough time to talk and get to know each other. Helps newly married couples too 😜 So anyone planning a honeymoon, make sure you've time allotted for lounge too 😂
6. Relax - lounges have recliners and other comfy seats for you to relax. Some lounges have massage chairs too. You can also indulge in spa treatments if you know, you're willing to spend some money (a lot!)
So yeah! That's about it from me on how to kill time in airports. Lounge is the key my dear people! So get going and find those debit/credit cards which can give you free access to it. #flightzoned #forever