Whether it’s a peaceful relaxing vacation or a thrilled adventurous trip, The Niagara Falls has something for everyone. Rich of historical stories, adventures, culture, outdoors, shopping and attractions, this natural wonder destination is also famous as the “Honeymoon Capital Of The World”, attracting number of adventurous honeymooners around the world. The Niagara Falls is just another example of the peerless beauty and the tremendous power of nature.
Honestly, no words or pictures or videos could justifiably portray the spectacular beauty of the falls!!! Just Go and visit it at least once in your lifetime!!!
There are lots of things for you at the falls, that will definitely make your trip a worth one. Either you wish to stay dry or get wet, The Niagara Falls New York State Park, The America’s oldest state park, has all the ways and ideas that can help you explore the falls at its best.
The first thing you need to do, when you reach the Niagara Falls is to buy the Niagara Discovery Pass from the Visitor Center, at the entrance.
The Pass offers discounted tickets to the 5 must visits at Niagara Falls, that is, The Maid of the mist, The cave of the winds, The Niagara Aquarium, The Niagara Gorge Discovery Center, Niagara Adventure Theater and also gives access to take the Niagara Scenic Trolley Ride. The discovery pass will save you a min of 30-35 % of the money you need to spend if you buy the tickets individually.
Top Places To See & Do When You Are At Niagara Falls (American Side)
1. Maid Of The Mist: A boat ride into the heavy mist of the Niagara Falls; WOW!! Now that is what I call a thrill experience. Starting from the Niagara River, near the Rainbow Bridge, The Maid of the Mist Boats will take you almost close through the American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls, making its way gradually into the dense mist inside the Horseshoe Falls. You are right there at the heart of one of the most powerful waterfalls in the world, hearing the thundering roar of the falling water and feeling the rush of the mist on your face!!! Its is truly an experience of a lifetime!!
2. Cave Of The Winds: Do you really want to get wet with the Niagara water? If yes, Cave of the winds is the perfect spot. An elevator will take you 175 feet down into the Niagara Gorge; Collect your free rain poncho and sandals here and then follow a guided tour over a wooden walkways straight to the base of the Bridal Veil Falls.
3. The Observation Tower: The most picturesque and spectacular views of the Niagara Falls and the Niagara State Park can be seen and captured from the top of the observation tower. You can also closely experience the powerful flows of the falls through the binoculars provided here.
4. Aquarium of Niagara: Watch the wonderful live performance of the sea lions here!! You can also feed the penguins and the sharks which is allowed on specific hours everyday. It’s a great little aquarium that displays more than 1500 species and is definitely an educational tour.
5. Niagara Gorge Discovery Center: Showcasing the geological theory, the formation and the history of the Niagara Falls, the discovery center is great spot to learn in-detail about the Niagara Falls.
6. Luna Island: The 130 foot Island located between the American Falls and the Bridal Veil Falls, is a perfect spot for capturing few perfect picturesque snaps of the marvelous waterfalls.
7. Three Sister Island: Three historic bridges, linking the Goat Island and the Three Sister Island, allows you to get closer to the fast flowing Niagara river before it falls the edge. It’s an awesome little walk in the island and the views here are truly marvelous; You will also encounter the water birds partying here. Bring your camera, walk down the beautiful historic bridges and enjoy the nature so close.
8. Terrapin Point: The breathtaking view of the Horseshoe falls can be seen from this point. You will feel the thundering and powerful flow of the Horseshoe falls, which throws 90% volume of the water of the Niagara river.
9. Niagara Adventure Theater: Don’t miss the show Niagara: Legends of Adventure, featured at the Niagara Adventure Theater, located at the Visitor Center. The film shows the legendary historic stories of the Niagara Falls and features the stories of the daredevils who tried to conquer the Niagara.
10. The Niagara Visitor Center: Now that you have finished enjoying the Niagara Falls, don’t forget to pick a gift for yourself and your loved ones as a memory of your visit to the great Niagara Falls. Gifts makes everyone happy, right!!!
CHECK OUT MY TRAVEL BLOG www.exploreitmyway.com for more interesting travel stories and my travel experiences. My Most Recent Post: Insider Tips On The Top Things To Do In New York City