Dainkund Peak Trek Details
Starting Point: Dainkund Peak trek starts from the entry gate of Base of Indian Air Force (IAF). IAF base is 12 km from Dalhousie which is easily reached via a Taxi and that could cost around 500-1000 rupees for to and fro route.
Trekking Trail: The 1 km takes you through lush green woods of diodar and a spectacular ridge. We parked our car there and started the trek. There is well paved path for 1 km, which is maintained by temple authority.
Trekking Difficulty: Easy.
Best Time for Dainkund Peak trek: April-November
Few points to be kept in mind before planning a trip:
- The peak is positioned at a height of 2,755m above sea level.
- Vertex of the peak is occupied by the Indian Air Force and a left bend from there takes you to the temple.
- It is fondly known as the Singing Hill.
- Pleasant climate welcomes tourists all-the-year-round.
- A number of accommodations are readily available in Dalhousie.
This post was originally published on My Heart On The Road.