Triund is a beautiful trek which starts from Mcleodganj, Himachal Pradesh. The trek is around 6.5 kms takes around 3-4.5 hours depending on how comfortable you are with trekking. Throughout the trek, you would see beautiful sceneries of the towns below and the mountains above. The view of the moon peak is such a tease that you would want to keep going till the end. But the whole effort is totally worth it!
As you reach the top you would see the most beautiful, shimmering mountain range which appears like a huge 3D live painting. The place is surrounded by clouds and has a pleasantly cold weather during this time of the year. When the sun sets the whole mountain reflects the orange light. But the best is the night sky, would see a gazillion stars and the sight of the city below.
Photographers can get some brilliant shots (do carry your tripod for night photography)
You can camp at this place and in the morning witness the sky turn into shades of orange and blue and beautiful silhouettes as the sun rises. The beauty and peace of the place can help you rejuvenate and find the answers you are looking for. You just need the right eye!
- Carry a bluetooth speaker during the trek and a good collection of songs on your phone.
- You would need a power bank to charge your phones.
- It gets real cold and dark during the night, so carry spare blankets and a bottle of rum. Carry torch lights.
- Photographers carry your tripods, ask your guide to help you carry them on the trek.
- Stay calm and enjoy nature. :D