I would suggest this to everyone out there looking for a relaxed, lavish and cuddled up stay. So, I had visited Chitkul.
My route was Delhi- Narkanda- Chitkul- Shimla- Delhi
I stayed here after a long 8 hours of drive to Shimla. I was awestruck by beauty of Chitkul but driving down to and from Chitkul was not that easy as the drives lasted for long hours. While coming back, I planned to choose a place where I could just be at peace and sleep like a baby but also, not pay much. And voila! I found The Kothi (https://www.simplyshimla.com/the-kothi) on AirBnB.
But there are few points which you shall not miss before booking the property:
1. You will have to cook for yourself. You will only get cooked breakfast prepared by the caretaker, Samuel.
2. If you are driving down to places like me, make sure to get help on the same from caretaker as the property is located in residential area and at times, parking can be an issue.
3. Most important, if you are booking Sunrise Cottage, do not expect the sunrise view from your window as the room is on 1st floor and the property is surrounded by there properties which basically, cuts the view for you. hence, there is no sunrise view.
Rest, everything is fine. It is not a bad deal to book the room for a day as there are positive points as well:
1. You can drive towards mall road in 15 minutes and park your car near the infamous lift. Explore cafes wherever you want to eat.
2. The caretaker is friendly.
3. They have maintained the property very well. From bathroom fitting to bed mattress to cleanliness, everything is being maintained wonderfully.
4. There is book shelf in room- heaven for all those travel readers out there.
I had booked room for a night only on April 8th, which costed me 1500/- INR which is not that bad.
I would rate the property 3.5 on scale of 5 on basis of points mentioned above.
Please check the pictures which shall give you an idea about your stay.
If there is any query or comment, please mail me @firstname.lastname@example.org or drop a text on Instagram: @_ekbanjaaran__