While visiting Kerala, don’t try to hurry down the places for mere sightseeing. Each of the spots and the whole journey in itself is too mesmerizing and taking just a glimpse of them is not justice to God’s own country. The places demand more and for a wholesome experience, you must oblige. Live every moment while in Kerala because the state is that much serene and it has been considered the best tourist destination for reasons to believe. Reasons which are far too many to be able to note down but enough to experience to the core. And good news! If you are on a look out to strike off a few experiences from your bucket list at one single shot, you have got to visit Kerala. You may sacrifice a bit on your budget but don’t sacrifice on the number of days!
There are trips which sometimes make you feel home sick after a few days and you start yearning for your bed. No matter how much you loved the place and enjoyed it. But then there are ones which make you forget home. Kerala is one of them, surely! The diversity of Kerala has surely gone unnoticed – From high mountain terrains to tranquil turquoise blue oceans, from pristine backwaters to adrenaline-pumping adventure parks, from unexplored wildlife sanctuaries to magnificent malls, from lush green tea estates to rain drenched paddy fields, Kerala has got everything covered. And that too accessible within 3-5 hours drive!
So here is an itinerary and some experiences of lifetime.
• Tea Estates of Munnar – 2 days
• Explore the wildlife sanctuaries of Thekkady – 2 to 3 days (Depends on your choice of activities)
• Tune yourself to the backwaters of Alleppey/ Kumarakom (Again depends on the kind of traveler you are!) – 2 days
• Come back to something familiar, city life of Kochi with a day trip to Athirappilly – 2 days
10 must have experiences while you are in Kerala:
• Visit a spice plantation
• Stroll in the tea estates and a traditional tea factory of Munnar
• Go for a jungle safari At Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Thekkady
• Experience the thrilling elephant safari and elephant shower in Thekkady
• Spend a night in the house boat of Alleppey
• Go for an Ayurvedic therapy in Kerala where pure essential oils are used
• Go for a jeep safari in Thekkady to appreciate nature’s bounty
• Buy local fragrances, spices, Ayurvedic medicines, homemade chocolates from the local markets for friends and family
• Click photographs. As many as you can and specially of the spice plantations and hibiscus flowers that you will see every inch of your journey