Most of the houses here were made of wood and stones and tin roofs. and are ornamented by beautiful flowers. Different Morong designs have been used for the front of a few houses. You can also view the terrace cultivation along the slopes of the hills from here.
The local craft activities are minimal, as weaving and basket making are now practised by just a handful of families. Also the influx of tourism has made the residents a somewhat weary.
Major Takeaway / Fact from the Khonoma Village
1) Least or no use of plastic is found here.
2) No alcohol, or any type of tobacco product is available due to strict local village law which visitors has also to follow.
3) Even being at a height of 5000 ft water is in more than abundance due to their age old water harvesting technique.
4) Welcoming village. Youngsters greet their elders every time they come across which is well reciprocated.
5) Be Fit. If one is to roam around the village then he has to be fit as the village can also be called the village of stairs.
6) Most house in the village is ornamented by beautiful flowers all around.
If you are one who loves to explore village life, needs a getaway / break to a quiet place Khonoma is where you should be heading.
Connect me over social media to stay updated my my journey and experiences: