Reached DMK airport in Bangkok at 3:30 am , and moved towards VOA zone for immigration formalities. We need to have few things handy:
1. TM6 form which has the arrival card ( to be retained until Departure immigration).
2. Another form you get there , attested with your passport size pic and few details. ( You might need a fevistick to stick your pic)
3. This process took half 45 mins ( but might take even longer depending on your arrival time. When I reached the queue was very short but got longer in no time).
4. Your Flight tickets (to-fro), Hotel tickets of all days, TM6 form, another form(Don't remember name), Passport pic, Boarding tickets.
5. Once your docs are verified , you will be given token to move to another counter for form submission.
6. Finally move to your 3rd and last counter where you will get your Visa stamped. (We were lucky to have our Visa fee exempted and that saved us few bucks).
You should keep 10k baht per head as the rule says but It was not verified anywhere.
We collected out baggage and looked for few local local sims around. Got one at 170 bahts of Dtac for 5 days unlimited internet. It had good connectivity through out our trip.
Since we were heading for Pattaya, we thought to stock up ourselves with few water bottles and snacks from a shop. It was 6 am and we looked out for a metered taxi for MorChit Bus station which is in North of Bangkok. We got into one and he left without starting the meter. I asked him to but he denied and demanded 300 baht for Mor chit bus station. He abused us and dropped after 500 meters on a busstop. We found another taxi and he agreed for 140 baht. Took 30 mins reached at 6:30 and found the ticket counter for bus to Pattaya. Tickets were 117 baht each. We got seat no. 33 and 34 which was on the second last row for bus at 7:00 am. There are buses at regular frequencies of 30-40 mins. We were asked to pay 20 baht each for 2 check in luggages .(was not required though , we got to know later while returning).
Bus was kind of okay- and took 2.5 hours and didn't stop anywhere in between. We got down at Pattaya Bus station and took a tuk tuk from the main road which took 50 baht at dropped us at the dolphin circle near Terminal 21 mall. Our hotel ( L K Emeral)was at a walking distance from there but could have also taken a free shuttle provided by them.
You also have options of bike taxis , taxi and other tuk tuk but they will charge more at bus station.
Although Our check in was at 2 pm , we reached at 10 itself, requested for early check-in but didn't get it.
We kept our luggage, got fresh and walked out to main road for brunch at La Baguette- a French bakery. Food was awesome. We spent sometime window shopping at Terminal21 before returning back to hotel and checking in.
In the evening we went down to the walking street.
You can take shared tuk tuks at 10 baht each without asking where it is heading to, or else they might charge you more all over Pattaya.