It is no wonder that Demul is a village where everyone prospers. Their own rules made it equitable for everyone to earn. Their rules made it possible for everyone to share their life with others. Their own rules made it possible for the same person to have a different experience if they came to Demul again. This village with 53 houses had shown wisdom far greater than even countries had.
By opening up their homes and also their hearts, Demul was a village where everyone prospered. Even the tourists.
How to reach Demul:
1. Demul can be reached by taking a cab from Kaza. Private cabs are available for hire.
2. There are several tour operators who conduct tours to different villages. I went on a Homestay Trek tour conducted by Spiti Valley Adventure. The trek was moderately difficult requiring a level of fitness. There are also other Innova trips which do not involve trekking.
3. In the alternate, there are buses which run in the summer from Kaza to Langza. Demul can be reached by trekking from Langza, with a break in Komic. Demul is 8 hours from Komic and Komic is about 5 hours from Langza.
4. Tour operators conducting tours in Spiti are:
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of tour operators.
4. In the alternate, it is also possible to travel by a self driven car or a bike to Demul.