Most of the hotels in Bangkok provide free pick up and drop services to the airport within 5-6 kms of distance. Our hotel – The Phoenix Hotel (5 kms from Suvarnabhumi Airport) was pre-booked by us via Agoda. Agoda provides better rates than any other website. By the time we reached the hotel, it was 11 pm.We took good rest to be energetic the next day.
Booking & Travel Tips
1. Use Agoda.com or Booking.com for Hotel bookings & Klook app for Activities booking in Thailand Best offers & deals among all other websites. Don't forget to use coupon codes for best deals.
2. Documents required for visa on arrival – 1 passport size photo, Hotel stay, Return tickets and Passport. Visa on arrival is free till April 2020 else they charge 2000 Baht/person.
3. Take printouts of all the flight tickets, Hotel vouchers & Activities . Also carry additional copies of return flight tickets and hotel vouchers to show during immigration at Bangkok Airport.
4. Pen & Glue/ Stapler to paste photo on Immigration form.
5. Keep signed and stamped Immigration card with you. They will ask immigration card post end of your trip.
6. You will get your luggage only post immigration check and security
7. You can carry 10,000 Baht/person with you but it is not mandatory. Extravelmoney and Orientexchange provides best conversion rates (approx - 2.28 or 2.3)
8. Collect SIM from the dtac counter at just Rs 349 with 15GB data (8 days validity) by Showing Passport and Boarding Pass at Bangkok Airport DTAC Counter.
9. Don't forget to install GRAB App for Cabs in Thailand and download offline thailand maps.