Travel Articles And Blogs For Rishikesh
Best Time to Visit Rishikesh
Peak Season: The best time to visit Rishikesh for River Rafting is from late September - October to mid November, and then the best time to visit Rishikesh is from early March - April to first week of May.
Shoulder Season: July to September: Rishikesh receives average rainfall during the monsoon months starting from July to September. Owing to rains, the water level increases and rafting is closed. Discounts continue to lure budget travellers in the monsoon season as well.
Off-season: May June is quite hot at Rishikesh temperature touching + 35 °C. In July there is a festival in Rishikesh called Savan where thousands of people flock to Rishikesh. Major roads are blocked and hotels are crowded. It is better to avoid travelling to Rishikesh during that time.
Budget for Rishikesh
For Budget Travellers: INR 600 - 1000 a day
- Accommodation in hostels and guesthouses: INR 500 - 800
- Food in local cafes and street eateries: INR 30 - 150
- Public Transport in buses and auto rickshaws: INR 15 - 100
- Sightseeing: INR 10 - 50.
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 1000 to INR 3000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels and resorts: INR 850 - 1000
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 200 - 500
- Local transport in local taxis or car rentals: INR 200 - 400
- Treks and Hiking packages: INR 1000 and upwards.
For Luxury Travellers: INR 3500 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 3000 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 600 and upwards
- Local transport in private taxis: INR 2000 and upwards
- Guided tours: INR 1500 and upwards.