For your Delhi trip, you need to consider some of the following:
1. Travel (AIR//ROAD//RAIL)
Delhi being the Capital city of India is very well connected by air//road//railway with all of India and Internationally as well.
Accomodation in Delhi is not a difficult task to find. Depending on your need,location preference, budget etc you can book your stay online from Tripoto or similar websites. Remember : Carefully go through the reviews and then take a final step towards hotel booking. Travelers like me have some cheaper centrally located options to stay in Karol Bagh, Lajpat Nagar etc
Restaurants in India are easy to find and when in Delhi , its even easier.
Tip: Avoid ordering food in Crowded spots as it may take a to get the food on your plate. Explore more options and choose the most suited for you. There are various Branded chains of food outlets, famous for various types of cuisines.You can go for it as well. Or the local Dhabha are always there for you.
4. CORRECT INFORMATION ( Go through the internet and collect information about the place you want to go. Google map,Tripoto,Trip Advisor etc are always helpful) Read about the destination,see videos and prepare yourself with the right information.
5. TRAVEL MOTIVATION (Delhi as far I have travelled is safe for Tourists.And people are helpful.In the centrally located spots like Cannaught Place etc you can explore up till night also.
Caution: Avoid Travelling to far flung Highways and stranded routes. In Case you are lost, take a cab/auto and reach back to a safe area. Do not take risks during travel.
6. SEASONALITY/WEATHER KNOWLEDGE (Delhi is hot,humid, rainy-During Summer and Monsoon & cold,foggy,smoggy-During Winters)
A good time to travel and explore would be : Mid-FEB to End APRIL & September to Mid-December.
7. INTERNAL TRANSPORTATION
Metro : Most of Delhi and NCR region is very well connected by metro. Its easy,fast,safe,economic & Air Conditioned.
Tip: The Spots like Lotus Temple, Cannaught Place, Qutub Minar, Humayu Tomb, AksharDham Temple, Jantar Mantar, Red Fort, Rashtrapati Bhawan , India Gate etc are on or nearby metro stations.
Auto Rickshaws : Auto Rickshaws are abundantly available in major tourist spots and in other parts of city and nearby metro stations.
1. Share auto with other tourists near tourists to save money.
2. Keep Ola & Uber handy with you as it is cheaper at various spots.
Time Required :
Don't worry about the time. You can explore the most of Delhi withing 2 Days
How To Travel :
For Your Delhi Tour , you can take a Pre Booked City Tour with the spots you want to visit.
You can Purchase a Delhi Metro Card ( Buy the card and Recharge the Card From any Metro Station ). The Metro Card Is an Easy and convenient way to travel by Metro here. Some Stations are very Close and Some are far.
For Stations located very closely , Compare the Metro and Auto Rates to Save you Time.
Download- Delhi Metro Route Navigator App for All Route and Direction Info (Very easy and useful apps are there)
Just Swipe Your Card and Board The Metro.
Now we have to see where to go and some reviews of the tourist spots:
1. INDIA GATE