How to reach Irshalgad fort?
By Train : The nearest Railway Station is Karjat then by private vehicle to the Base village.
From Panvel : S.T bus or private vehicle are available till Chowk phata. You can reach the base village on foot via Chouk.
The Road Distance from Mumbai is 80 Km, from Navi Mumbai it is 45 km & Pune it is 116 km.
Do's & Don'ts :
1) Carry ample amount of water ( 2 litres minimum )
2) Carry dry fruits or anything edible as there is no facility on the fort.
3) Take a halt at the village, refresh and head on.
4) I took a chance & stepped out in the heat. Recommended time for trek is between June and January.
5) A headgear, cap, sunglasses, a knife, matchbox and mosquito repellent are essentials. There is no facility to spend the night.
6) Travel in group for safety reasons. The population is scarce and one may wander off as there is little direction provided to reach the top.
7) One may encounter wild animals, big cats in the plateau regions. Keep your eyes & ears open at all times.
8) Be Safe and preserve nature.
Happy Fort Hunting 2019!