Personally, I found Singapore a very safe, clean and orderly country. They had CCTVs everywhere. Everyone just seems to do what is “right”. There was no pushing or rudeness; everything was too perfect!
1. Do have necessary change preferably in coins as MRT Ticket kiosk will not allow you to put more than 5 SGD. Its recommendable to buy their 1, 2 or 3-Day MRT Pass which is available only at select stations like Changi Airport, Chinatown, etc.
2. It’s advisable to buy a carat of water bottles from general store which will be very cost effective
3. Carry the city map/ MRT Route map with you all the time. MRT can take you anywhere in Singapore and is very cost-effective
4. You can buy lot of chocolates/ cookies in Little India at discounted rates
5. Strictly follow their traffic rules (even pedestrians)
6. Do save time to explore Changi Airport. You will definitely have an amazing experience.