* Underwater Wall inside the sea :
A few years back, Oceanographic experts have discovered a submerged wall of length 100 meters east of the fort. This under-sea wall is 3 meters high, 7 meters wide and 122 meters long. The wall is composed of Laterite rock and has a depth of 8-10 meter under the sea. So when enemy ships tried to attack the fort, they collided with this underwater wall and shattered into pieces! Portuguese had lost their 2 ships in an attempt to capture Vijaydurg fort.
IMPORTANT TOURIST INFORMATIONS :
* Timings: You can visit this fort anytime during sunrise and sunset.
* Time Required: 2-3 hours are enough to explore the fort properly.
* Entry Fees / Ticket Charges: Rs.5/- per person as entry fee to see the fort.
* Carry your own water bottle, sunglass, goggles , hat & sunscreens .
* How To Reach Vijaydurg:
Nearest Rail Station: Rajapur road (63 km away) is the nearest railway station to reach Vijaydurg fort. Kankavli is the alternative railway station to the fort. It lies on the Konkan Railway Route and is 77 km away from the fort. You can easily get a private vehicle from station till the fort.
By Road: State Transport (ST) buses regularly ply to Vijaydurg from important cities in Maharashtra. One can easily reach Vijaydurg from the Mumbai-Goa national highway (NH-17). It is 436 km from Mumbai (via Chiplun), 184 km from Panaji & 57 km from Kasarde (via SH-115).
* Eating Stuff: There are few restaurants near the Vijaydurg fort area to have food & refreshments. Hotel Suruchi offers good Konkani foods .....
* Staying / Accommodation Options:
Few resorts and hotels have developed near the fort region. You can in any of them as per your requirement & budget.
Green Valley Hill Resort (MTDC) is a good option .
Even local people provide the homestays on request.