- Reach Guwahati, Assam which is connected via air and rail with major cities of India.
- You can directly drive from Guwahati to Ziro Valley. Till Itanagar, the newly built highway is in a good condition.
- The other option is to catch the Naharlagun Express that leaves Guwahati Railway Station at around 9.20 PM every day and reaches Naharlahun railway station (Also known as Itanagar) early in the morning.
- You can either take an auto or a state transport bus to either Itanagar or Naharlagun (twin cities). It is easy to find shared taxis (sumos) which go to Ziro valley (and beyond). It’s a potholed, scenic 4-hour drive from Itanagar.
- You can contact Raju +91 8415034250 who runs couple of taxis on this route.
When to Visit
- Ziro boasts of cool climate all through the year with December and January getting very cold.
- If you want to witness the lush green fields consider visiting post monsoon, in the month of September. September is also the month of Ziro Music Festival.
- If you want to attend tribal festivals the recommended month is March when many tribes of Arunachal Pradesh have their traditional Festivals.
If you would like to read more about the Totems of Apatani people