Hi guys....the purpose of this article is to serve as an itinerary for the city of joy - Kolkata.
The article is especially good for people who are not gonna stay for more than 1 or 2 days in the city.
So why Kolkata?
Every body knows that Kolkata is the capital of West Bengal, one of the states in India. But that's not all....here are some unknown and interesting facts about the city of joy that might answer his question:
1. The Howrah Bridge seems to be the identity of the city—but did you know that it’s the one of the largest cantilever bridges in the world, and the largest one in the country?
2. You often refer to the city as the “city of joy”, but did you know its other names—“city of palaces”, “city of processions” and the “cultural capital of India”?
3. To the British rulers, Kolkata, the then Calcutta, was the most important city in India (it was India’s capital too), and the second most important city of the whole British Empire, after London.
4. The National Library of India, situated in Kolkata, is the largest public library in the country.
5. The botanical garden of Kolkata has been the house of the world’s largest tree: An enormous banyan tree whose circumference is more than 330 meters!
Places of Interest:
The Victoria Memorial (wiki)