Starting Point: Kassel
Ending Point: Frankfurt am Main
Hours on road: ~2
After resting the night in Kassel, I drove back to Frankfurt in the morning. As I entered the city limits, my joy knew no bounds and I thanked God for bringing me back home safe.
I loved the trip, and can't wait to plan my next one.
Covid19 special care:
- Packing list: Sanitizer spray, sanitizer hand gel, paper towels, a face mask or two
- First I wanted to make sure that the vehicle I drove in (rental car) was clean so I sanitized the heck out of it.
- I also sanitized my shoe sole and hands and if applicable jacket cuffs every time I entered the car so I always kept the car as a clean space.
- I separate clean(no germ) from not clean (potentially exposed) in separate bags or suitcases and in specific regions in the room or car
- As a rule of thumb, whenever I completed my trip for the day, I take a shower and only touch the clean part after doing so
- Even if there are no germs in most places, there will definitely be plenty on your shoe soles, so I sanitize them before I step into clean spaces and my car, and I also were slippers when I walk indoors. I sanitize the slipper soles before packing them back in for the next leg of the journey.
- I wore a face mask when there are people around me indoor and outdoor and wherever required.. (I took them off briefly for photos )
- I carried a pillow as I often sleep with my face down
- I carried a hand sanitizer to use anytime I touch unknown surfaces like door knobs, buttons, parking machines, water taps, when possible I try to use a tissue or paper towel to touch the surfaces
- I also carried a spray bottle filled with sanitizer to spay on the things I carry on me (phones, camera, backpack, wallet, shades) during my excursion
- Be generous with that sanitizer
- Upon returning home I am trying a soft self quarantine (although it is not legally required) for the next couple weeks just to be sure I am not carrying the contagion unknowingly
(Retrospectively, these things I did, they worked, but really were an overkill:)