Lahaul-Spiti valley in Himachal is a place of wonder. Spiti in Tibetan means the Middle land as it is located between Tibet and India, and it retains a very strong Buddhist culture. Lahaul is greener and fertile, with a mass of uniform high snowcapped peaks and even glaciers. Rivers of Chanda and Bhaga cut through the mountain ridges thus making it more prone to vegetation. Also it is lower in altitude. Spiti is a high altitude cousin of the same characterized by barren lands, denudated rock faces, hostile roads and bone chilling temperature. However it also boasts of ancient monasteries, not the glossed ones like in Ladakh, but those that have retained their stoic nature housing a treasure trove of ancient flags, thangkas and prayer wheels. Quaint villages dot the highway, and landscapes that are a photographer’s dream. Spiti Lahaul is also mostly a journey into you. Long drives, a hostile landscape all around you and a few good companions should make it a journey you will never ever forget.
The Blueberry Trails is proud to announce its first Group departure trip to Spiti this year in July. The trip is designed around exploring this magical land, village walks, monastery trails, bicycle days and slowly soaking in the culture and feel of this magical land in the Himachal.
Highlights of the trip will be:
1. Camping in the beautiful village of Jispa. Alpine slopes surround you and the Bhaga river flows nearby in all its fury. Spend a day exploring the greens. A picnic on the banks of the Bhaga river.
2. Exploring the highest village in Asia, Komic, situated at 14800ft above sea level. The Komic monastery there is perched atop a hill. Also going for village photo walks and spending the entire day there.
3. Spending a day (and a night) at the mesmerizing Chandertal Lake. Located at 14100ft, its name of the ‘lake of the moon’ is due to its crescent shape. A 45 minute trek will take us there.
4. Visiting Tabo monastery the oldest monastery in India. Discover the ancient paintings of the Indo-Tibetan art form.
5. Adventures galore. Right from Going past Rohtang, Kunzum Pass-to touring Lakes and villages above 12000feet above level. Go bicycling in Kaza and head out on a short trek to Chandertal. A picnic on the banks of the river and many explorations on foot.
6. Exploring the cafes of old Manali- Coffee, food and new people you meet at these cafes. This vibrant old town is a far cry from the chaotic touristy Manali town below. A day to enjoy the beauty of old Manali, Hidimba temple and many sites around you to bedazzle you!
7. Like minded travelers to share the journey with along with a Blueberry Trails trip coordinator.
This is how your trip plan looks:
Day 1- Chandigarh to Manali
Day 2 -Manali
Day 3 -Manali to Jispa
Day 4 -Jispa to Chandertal
Day 5 -Chandertal to Kaza via Tabo and Dhankar
Day 6 -Village walks in Ke, Kibber and Komic
Day 7 -Kaza-Manali
Day 8 -Manali-Chandigarh
What: Road trip to Lahaul and Spiti Valley in the Himalayas
When: 20-27th June 2015
Where: Lahaul, Spiti Himachal Pradesh
How: Jeep safaris on MUV
How much: 33500 per person ex Chandigarh + 3.09% Govt. tax (per head)
- Accommodation on double occupancy basis
- Meals mentioned
- Travel from Chandigarh and back to Chandigarh
- All activities as per trip plan, like:
· village walks
· picnic by the river at Jispa
· bon fire (provided weather allows)
· cycling exploration of Kaza
- A Blueberry trails coordinator traveling with you
- Detailed trip plan and a prep kit for the trip
- Travel expenses from place of origin to Chandigarh and back to your home town
- Zip lining over Beas
- Meals not mentioned
- Personal expenses such as beverages, shopping, tipping etc.
- Excess stay & meals due to any reason including bad weather conditions or strikes, resulting in delay of flights or any other form of transport
Any other item not mentioned in “Includes” section above
Pls note: 1. All flights/travel plans to Chandigarh have to ensure that you reach Chandigarh airport by latest 12pm. All outgoing flights/buses should leave post 6pm 2. Any costs due to change of travel plans due to weather conditions will have to be personally borne by the traveler
The journey starts from Chandigarh airport at 12pm. We make our way to Manali enroute stopping at a typical Punjabi Dhaba for lunch. We reach Manali latest by 9pm and settle into our hotel for the night. Stay: Inn at Old Manali
This day is kept to explore and enjoy old Manali. Small walks to beautiful view points, where you are the only one staring at the gushing Beas, great cafes and eateries and getting a feel of this vibrant town-a favorite of backpackers. Go zip lining over the Beas, or walk around the old town. Experiences: Local café, Old Manali Market, Manu Temple, Solace Chai with the best view Stay: Inn Inclusions: Breakfast: a set menu
An early morning start takes us to Jispa, a 6 hour ride away. We are camping in Jispa in beautiful Swiss tents surrounded by mountains on all sides. The Bhaga River flowing by calls for a small picnic in the late afternoon. Stay: Camps site. Swiss Tents with attached toilets Inclusions: Breakfast | Dinner | Picnic Experiences: Swiss Tent stay, River side Picnic
We start early to go to Chandertal. We are staying in camps here and the lake is a good 45 mins hike from the camps. No thoroughfare is allowed beyond this point. So we set off to spend a day on the banks of the beautiful lake which is the source of the river Chandra. Stay: Camps w/o attached toilets Inclusions: Breakfast | Dinner Experiences: Camp next to the moon shaped lake, Bonfire
This day we head out into the heart of the Spiti Valley to Kaza and go further to visit Tabo, the oldest Buddhist monastery. We also go to the dizzying Dhankar Monastery perched on top of a hill and return to our guesthouse in Kaza. Tabo is a 2 hour drive beyond Kaza. Stay: Guesthouse at Kaza Inclusions: Breakfast Experiences: Monasteries, Smaller Nuances of the Hamlets around Tabo, bicycling up the mountain
We are staying in Kaza for another day. We drive up to Kibber, Ke and Komic, the latter being the highest village in Asia. Spend the day soaking in the culture, the daily lives of the people who inhabit these high altitude settlements. Spend the night at a local’s place at Kiber. Those who want to, can come back to Kaza for the night. Stay: Guesthouse/ Home-stay at Kiber Inclusions: Breakfast Experiences: Photo village walk, eat and stay with a local
This day after a cycling exploration of the town Kaza/explorations on foot, we head back to Manali by 12pm. We cross Kunzum La and Rohtang La to go back to Old Manali Stay: Inn Inclusions: Breakfast
We start early to leave for Chandigarh, from where we go back home after 8 days of being in the mountains. Inclusions: Breakfast |on the road
Frequent Searches Leading To This Page:-
manali tour packages for family, flights to manali, manali tourism, manali hotels, kullu manali luxury tour package, kullu manali sightseeing packages