Best Time to Visit Chandigarh
Peak Season: The period between mid August and November, when the weather is neither too hot nor too cold.
Shoulder Season: Winters occur during November to February and the weather is pleasant if one is looking to plan a trip during this period of time.
Off-season: The summers of Chandigarh can be quite hot. The average temperature during summers is between 35°C to 42°C. 45 °C is the maximum temperature reached during the summers.
Budget for Chandigarh
For Budget Travellers: INR 800 - 1000 a day
- Accommodation in hostels and guesthouses: INR 700 - 800
- Food in local cafes and street eateries: INR 30 - 150
- Public Transport in buses and autorickshaws: INR 15 - 100
- Sightseeing: INR 10 - 50
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 1200 to INR 3000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels and resorts: INR 850 - 1000
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 200 - 500
- Local transport in local taxis or car rentals: INR 200 - 400
For Luxury Travellers: INR 4000 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 3000 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 700 and upwards
- Local transport in private taxis: INR 2000 and upwards
- Guided tours: INR 1500 and upwards